YOUR SHOPPING BAG IS EMPTYSHOP NOW
1 - Introduction
Clarins SA acknowledges the protection of User’s privacy and respects the legal provisions in force.
Clarins SA whose registered office is located at 17A Scott Street, Waverley, Johannesburg, 2090 are joint data controllers (Clarins) for the website www.clarins.co.za, Clarins UK Ltd whose registered office is located 10 Cavendish Place, London W1G 9DN, United Kingdom and Clarins France whose registered office is located 9 rue du Commandant Pilot, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France.
2 - When does Clarins SA collect your Personal Information?
Clarins collects Personal Information from the User when you:
- visit our website;
- register on our website;
- make a purchase on our website;
- subscribe to our newsletters;
- sign up for one of our loyalty programs;
- participate in special operations, in particular games, competitions, product tests, customers surveys or market researches;
- visit one of our stores or our beauty counters;
- contacts Clarins SA, in particular when you submit a request or a complaint to our Customer Service or when you rate or review our Products and/or services;
- gives consent to third parties to send Clarins SA Personal Information about you.
3 - What Personal Information does Clarins SA collect about you?
Clarins SA considers all information that could identify you directly or indirectly as "Personal Information". Clarins SA may mainly collect the following Personal Information:
- information about your identity, in particular your gender, last name, first names, address, telephone number, email addresses, date of birth or age;
- information about your payment method, in particular your credit card number and the expiration date;
- information about our commercial relation, in particular transaction numbers, history of your purchases, your request or your communications with our Customer Service, your preferences and interests or information about one of our loyalty program;
- information about your skin (beauty concern, skin type, skin sensitivity, etc.) subject to your prior approval, in particular when asking for a Clarins beauty prescription or a Clarins treatment in one of our stores;
- technical information, in particular your IP address or information about how your device navigates through our website.
4 - Why is your Personal Information collected?
Personal information may be collected mainly for the following purposes:
- Website administration;
- Processing of your Order (orders, deliveries, invoices, after sales service, etc.). This processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party;
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (loyalty program, newsletters, promotions, product testing, surveys, etc.). This processing is made subject to your approval;
- Market analysis and timing (profiling on the basis of your purchasing behavior, preferences and interests, analyses while navigating through our website, statistics, reporting, etc.). This processing is made subject to your approval;
- When appropriate, prevention and fraud detection;
- Managing your request (complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and remove, etc.);
This processing is necessary to process your request.
5 – Does Clarins SA disclose your Personal Information?
Clarins SA will never share your Personal Information with other companies for marketing purposes.
Clarins SA is part of Clarins an international group that operates in many countries. The Personal Information we are collecting about you are intended for Clarins and are likely to be communicated to all the Clarins Group companies and to service providers chosen for their expertise and reliability and acting on our behalf and at our direction (IT providers, customer service, delivery, etc.).
Clarins SA authorise these service providers to use your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that your Personal Information is always protected.
These third parties will be located in the European Economic Area, UK and South Africa, and if outside the aforementioned territory, such country shall comply with section 72 of POPI to ensure the same level of data protection as in South Africa. In such a case, we will ensure either:
- to obtain your unambiguous consent to share your Personal Information with these third parties;
- to enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming in full compliance with POPI.
Finally, we may also transmit your Personal Information to local authorities if required by POPI or other legislation or as part of an investigation and in accordance with local regulations and Clarins shall endeavour to inform the User of such request.
6 - How will Clarins SA protect the information about you?
Clarins SA takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in relation to the nature of data and risks, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information and, in particular, to prevent it from being deformed, damaged or transmitted to any unauthorized parties.
This may include practices such as retaining your Personal Information on a secure server protected by a firewall, the transmission of sensitive information (such as credit card number) using a secure encryption protocol (Protocol SSL), internal reviews of our practices and privacy policies and implementation of physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access.
7 - What is the policy about minors?
This website www.clarins.co.za is not aimed at minors.
Clarins does not knowingly collect nor process Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
As soon as we acquire knowledge of the collection of Personal Information from any minors without prior authorisation from that minor’s parent or legal guardian, we will take appropriate measures to delete all such personal data from our servers.
8 – What is the cookies policy of Clarins SA?
- Your data will be kept for three years from the date of collection or after the last contact or the end of the commercial relationship, unless opposed by the User. At the end of this three-year period, we may make contact with you again in order to find out whether or not you wish to continue to receive marketing. If no clear positive answer is given by you, your data will be deleted or archived in accordance with POPI.
- Data on credit cards will be deleted after the transaction or archived for evidence purposes in accordance with the provisions in force. Subject to your express consent, banking data may be kept until the expiration date of the credit card. Clarins will never store your visual cryptogram.
- Data to prove a right or a contract, or kept under compliance with a legal obligation can be archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
If you give us your email address, phone number or mailing address, you may receive emails, calls or periodic messages from us about our Products, services or upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting us at the address below or by following the link "unsubscribe" contained in each of our emails. You can also change your preferences at any time in your account.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete Personal Information about you. You can also withdraw your consent at any time. To exercise these rights, you must send us a request:
- By E-mail a request to Customer Service or by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
CLARINS SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD
17A Scott Street
You will be informed of the actions to be taken as soon as possible and in any case no later than one month after your request. However we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
In accordance with the provisions in force, you can also file a complaint with the competent authority responsible for data protection or lodge an appeal if your data are misused.